[pptp-server] User authentication only barrier between a hacker and network

Steve Cody SCody at Gulbrandsen.com
Mon Oct 2 06:48:40 CDT 2000

I am trying to weigh the benefits of having easy to use VPN access to my
network for my remote clients, and having username/password authentication
being the only barrier between a hacker and the network.

I have looked into Ipsec and it looks good and will work for me.  I am
looking for the lowest cost, but most functional, solution at the moment.
(I know low cost and functional don't always go together).. :)

Are there better ways to secure ppp authentication?  Can I have the linux
pptp server authenticate users via my NT domain instead of users configured
on the linux box?

Any help?

Thanks!

Steve Cody