[pptp-server] Ipchains - Linux Firewall.

Daniell Freed dxf at dewittross.net
Mon Oct 2 09:24:59 CDT 2000

You need to install the pptp_masq patch.  That should solve the problem.

"Danny L. Brow, Jr." wrote:

> Hello,
>
>   I am trying to get through my fire wall to connect to a pptp vpn server at
> my friends place. I can connect to the system with an internet IP. but When
> I try going through my firewall I get an 615 error. Linux ports 47 and 1723
> will not come back to this system, this is what I am not sure the problem
> is. I don't want to have to setup all the system on my network, one by one
> to have vpn go through the firewall. I would like a one or two line
> solutions to it, so I can enter the line and all the systems can go through
> the firewall. Or do I have to install the pptp_masq patch to get this to
> work? Help me.....
>
> Thankz
> Dan.

Daniell Freed
Computer Services
Dewitt, Ross, & Stevens S.C.

He who fights with monsters might take care
lest he thereby become a monster.
And if you gaze for long into an abyss,
the abyss gazes also into you.

Beyond Good and Evil