[pptp-server] Chap vs Options Linux client

Jerry Vonau jvonau at ramwinn.com
Mon Oct 2 14:13:22 CDT 2000

Adam Lang wrote: > Aren't you supposed to put username and password in the
chap-secrets file?
Upon further testing, It works with out the lines in the options file, you
are correct.

>But anyway I can't get the linux pptp client to work on my any system. We
are using standard redhat-6.2 installs. I installed >the mppe modules, =
but the pptp-client returns that "The remote system is required to
authenticate itself but I couldn't  find >any suitable secret (password)
for it to use to do so." I assume to is asking for the login/password, but
how do I hand that to >the client.
>Thanks Patrick
As the client you should not be asking the server to authenticate itself
 to you, change the "auth" to "noauth" in the options file and on the
command line.

Jerry