[pptp-server] pptp with samba

Alan Chung alan at silveregg.co.jp
Wed Oct 4 06:35:23 CDT 2000

Hi,

I have FINALLY got pptp through Linux firewall.  But I am not able to
browse anything in NETWORK NEIGHBORHOOD.

192.168.0.10 --> my internal WINS server (which is also a NT PDC)

"ms-wins 192.168.0.10" is set in file /etc/ppp/options on pptpd
server.  Should I be able to ping WINS server from vpn client?  I
can't.  But I can ping the VPN client IP (which not the real IP but the one
created by ppp connection, for VPN client) from WINS server though.  Or I
need to make a Samba WINS server in order to do this?

Any help is appreciated.

Alan