[pptp-server] Can't find Compress-18 mod

Derek Osachoff dosachoff at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 4 16:43:04 CDT 2000

I have the pptpd setup on a

Red Hat 6.2, 2.2.14 kernel
     ppp-2.3.11
     pptpd-1.1.2
     SSLeay-0.9.0b
     ppp-2.3.10-openssl-norc4-mppe.patch (changes by R Blauvelt)

I keep having the reoccuring error in my syslog about the Compress-18 not
being found. I do have it in the conf.modules file. I tried to run
'insmod ppp_mppe' but it can not find the module. I have found the .c file
in the /usr/src/linux-2.2.14/drivers/net directory.

How can I ensure that it is loading/installed?

Any feedback would be nice.

Derek