[pptp-server] HELP with browsing problem again

Alan Chung alan at silveregg.co.jp
Wed Oct 4 22:27:19 CDT 2000

Hi,

HELP!!!

I have a linux firewall and a internal pptp server staying behind
it.  While I finally got the pptp traffic through firewall, I had another
problem with browsing.  Even when I made the ppp connection, it looks fine
and got connected (I can see the connection "ppp0"with "ifconfig" command,
and see the remote IP of VPN client on pptpd server).  But from VPN client
I can't ping the interface of pptp server, and of course can't ping any
computer in remote network or browse anything either.   Basically I am
wondering if I was really successfully making a ppp connection or it was
just a failure.  Here is my /etc/ppp/options

lock
debug
name lemon
auth
+chap
+chapms
+chapms-v2
mppe-40
mppe-128
mppe-stateless
proxyarp
ms-wins 192.168.0.12  --> which is my WINS server (also a NT PDC)

Does anyone have the same problem?

Alan Chung