[pptp-server] Telnet or SSH over Pptp - VPN, Timed Out!!!

Adam Lang aalang at rutgersinsurance.com
Fri Oct 6 08:19:07 CDT 2000

For windows based telnetting, I use KevTerm.  Pretty good. (I've tried
Hyperterm also, but for some unexplainable reason, it didn't agree with me.)

As for timing out.  I had no issue.  As a matter of fact, I have my pptp
server setup so that people at home can connect to the AS/400 in the
companies internal network and use Client Access to work on it.  That
program uses the telnet 23 port.  It is as if they are working at their desk
at work.

Of course, as someone else mentioned, I haven't tried it behind a "dual"
firewall setting.  Only from client, to internet, to PPTP server, to AS/400.

Adam Lang
Systems Engineer
Rutgers Casualty Insurance Company