AW: [pptp-server] Can't find Compress-18 mod

Derek Osachoff dosachoff at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 6 12:52:36 CDT 2000

Looks like I don't have it installed...

>do a 'modprobe -l | grep ppp_mppe'
>This will tell you whether the modules were installed correctly.
came back to the prompt - not found

>If there is an entry,
>try doing 'modprobe -v ppp_mppe'
Came back with "modprobe: Can't locate module ppp_mppe"

>if that works, try 'lsmod' to see all the modules currently loaded....
this gave me a list of my modules loaded. None were
ppp_mppe
bsd_comp
ppp_deflate

Looks like none are loading..What can I do to get them loaded? What did I
miss when loading pptpd? I followed the directions (I even have installed
this on different systems).

Thanks again.

Derek