[pptp-server] Firewall issues... More info...

Jason Bradley Nance jbnance at tresgeek.net
Sat Oct 7 19:34:57 CDT 2000

My ipchains rule #34 says:

/sbin/ipchains -A input -j REJECT -i $EXTIF -p tcp -s $UNIVERSE 139 -d
$EXTIP

Where:

$EXTIF is my external interface
$UNIVERSE is  0.0.0.0/0

I know that that blocks all SMB traffic going out on the external interface,
but shouldn't this rule (read AFTER that rule) allow it?  And Proto 17 is
UDP.  How does that affect it?

/sbin/ipchains -A forward -j ACCEPT -s 192.168.1.0/24 -d 192.168.1.0/24

I don't want to route SMB traffic to the internet.  But I do want to allow
SMB traffic to pass between local nets over all ppp interfaces (and my
internal interface).

Do rules overwrite each other?  Or how does that work?

I'm sooo close!!  =)  Will you guys work with me on this?

Thanks.