[pptp-server] PPTPD for LINUX

V.Simic at panta-rhei.at V.Simic at panta-rhei.at
Wed Oct 11 01:31:40 CDT 2000

Hi!

I am just a beginner in linux, so forgive me this stupid question:

I am running SUSE Linux vers. 6.4 with PPTD v. 1.0.0 and with windows
clients it works really fine - so far so good - (Kernel 2.2.14 - I think)

but now I am trying to connect a router (BinTec X1200 - with MS PPTP)
to the linux and I get always the error message (on linux):
     " the control connection command type:9 is not supported "
I read something about MS PPTP and I found out that there is a
difference between the Client and Server (PAC and PNS) -
so I tried to reconfigure the linux server to work as PAC too, but I just
don't found any parameters I could set....
...the same situation on my router: it only works as PNS, and it is not
possible to set the router as a PAC...

but: why I am able to start a PPTP connection between my router
and Windows 2000 Server - and - why it is possible to start a connnection
between a Windows x Client and my linux - without any problems ???

please - HELP ME - if you can....

thank's

Valentin Simic

Panta Rhei Informationsmanagement GmbH
Feldstrasse 1
6020 Innsbruck / Austria
Tel. +43 512 581800 / Fax. +43 512 581800 18
Email: v.simic at panta-rhei.at