[pptp-server] Connection works through LAN, not WAN

Al Ludwig aludwig at imagestor.com
Mon Oct 16 19:30:42 CDT 2000

Hi,

Over my LAN I am able to connect to my PoPToP Server with no problems.
However, when trying to connect via the Internet, I can't connect.

I'm using the same laptop & same Dial-Up Networking Connection (with the
exception of the IP) to connect.  Here's my configuration:

63.x.x.x (Firewall)------------->192.168.x.x (PoPToP Server)

I have ports 47 & 1723 both forwarding from the firewall to the PPTP Server.

When I try to connect from outside the LAN, it goes to "Verifying User Name
& Password" and then disconnects with an error of "The Specified Port Is Not
Connected".

Is it a fair assumption that my port forwarding from the firewall to the VPN
Server are operational due to the fact that the computer make the initial
connection from outside the LAN?

Any ideas on what I should look at next?

Thanks,

AL