[pptp-server] Encryption Installation Questions

Philip Van Baren phil at vibrationresearch.com
Wed Oct 18 16:54:56 CDT 2000

Use the latest PoPToP HOWTO on poptop.lineo.com, dated 20001005, which
uses more recent versions of everything.

If you are using kernel 2.2.16, you probably will also need to patch the
if_ppp header files with this patch:
	http://www.vibres.com/pptpd/if_ppp_2.2.17.diff
This patch accounts for some changes between 2.2.12 and 2.2.17, and I think
you also need this for 2.2.16.

_IF_ your kernel sources match your installed kernel, then you can
just "make modules SUBDIRS=drivers/net" without building the whole kernel.
This will probably be the case if you installed matching RPM versions for
the
RedHat kernel, headers, and sources.

There is also a slightly different procedure at:
	http://www.vibres.com/pptpd/example.html

Phil