[pptp-server] Logging into a NT network over PPTP

Esteve Camps marvin at grn.es
Thu Oct 19 10:15:30 CDT 2000

Hi all,

I want to expose an scenario to ask everybody for a solution. The scheme
is:

- One windows 9x(say A) client connected through an ISP over ISDN.
- One Linux Server(say B) that connects one LAN (say C) to Internet via
ISDN. This Linux has PPTP installed on it to offer encrypted
connections.
-Windows NT 4.0 Server acting as PDC on that LAN (C). It has WINS
installed on it, but I don't know if any kind of options (different of
default ones) has to be configured.

After connect all the system I want that Windows 9x client(A) logs into
LAN(C) using a PPTP connection. I've succeded in making PPTP work but it
doesn't seem to log. Win NT Server always answer:

192.168.3.100.netbios-ns > 192.168.3.10.netbios-ns:NBT UDP PA
192.168.3.100.netbios-ns > 192.168.3.10.netbios-ns:NBT UDP PA

My PPTP always assigns adresses on the same range of IP addresses of
LAN (C). In last lines, my Win 9x has 192.168.3.10 and my Win NT has
192.168.3.100.

How can I solution this?

Thanks all in advance.

Esteve Camps