[pptp-server] PoPToP works on one server, but not the other

Jamin Collins JaminC at adapt-tele.com
Wed Oct 25 11:13:53 CDT 2000

Well, I've finally succeeded in getting PoPToP installed with MS encryption
on one server.  However, performing the same steps on another server results
in immediate disconnect after CHAP authentication.  The Win98 client reports
a protocol error 720.  The instructions I followed are found here:

http://www.vibrationresearch.com/pptpd/example.html

I'm sorry I don't have the logs from the second server (it's at home).
However, from the logs what I recall (it was a late night), there were some
entries concerning packets being received out of order.  The only difference
between the two systems is one is a dual processor (the one that's not
working) and the other is a single processor (working perfectly).

Any ideas?

Jamin W. Collins