[pptp-server] PPTP VPN

Cowles, Steve Steve.Cowles at infohiiway.com
Thu Oct 26 13:23:18 CDT 2000

Personally, I have not read the above document, but I do run W2K here and
have NOT had any problems connecting into my PopTop server. Although, I have
patched pppd for MSCHAP-V2 and data encryption. Based on your options file,
you seem to be running stock pppd, which does not support data encryption.
Are you sure you have disabled "Require Data Encryption" in your PPTP
profile?

FWIW: I have tested my system with all flavors of Win9x, NT4.0 and W2k
without any problems. For all I know, W2K might require that pppd be
patched. I really don't know.

Steve Cowles