[pptp-server] PPTP and using PPPD

George Vieira georgev at citadelcomputer.com.au
Thu Oct 26 18:12:22 CDT 2000

Hi all,

I'm a little confused and hope someone can clear this up for me (even
sending privately is fine).
I have a Linux box at work connected with an ETH2 to the internet via a
router and my Linux box at home is connectd (or will be in 2 weeks) to an
ADSL connection to the internet which both will be via an ETHernet adapter.

Will I still be needing PPPD as I don't really need to dial do I????

I am currently using `vpnd` which creates a SL0 connection and works fine
but I prefer to use pptp because it should work fine for windows clients
where vpnd doesn't (not that I could find)...

thanks and confused,
George Vieira
Network Administrator
http://www.citadelcomputer.com.au
PGP Fingerprint :	43DC 92AC 1A82 27B2 E97B  52F1 B60F 301A 38A9 A10C
PGP KeyID:		0x38A9A10C