[pptp-server] Win 95/98 128 bit Encryption

Phil Van Baren phil at vibrationresearch.com
Sat Oct 28 00:20:44 CDT 2000

Jim,

The version of pppmac.vxd in msdun128.exe (the 128-bit update for Win98SE)
is 4.10.2222, and has internal name "PPPMAX (US/Canada Only, Not for
Export)"  It appears that the 40-bit and 128-bit files can have the same
version numbers.

I was able to get Win98 (classic edition) to work at 128-bit by first
installing the normal updates to get it to work at 40-bit, and then
extracting the pppmac.vxd from the msdun128.exe file, putting it in
c:\windows\system, and rebooting.  You can use an FTP web search to find the
msdun128.exe file, and use WinZip to extract the pppmac.vxd file from
msdun128.exe.

Phil