[pptp-server] LCP Timeout problem

Randi Harper RHarper at N2BB.com
Tue Oct 31 14:43:07 CST 2000

ya know, i've got that same problem, cept with win2k and linux. I don't
suppose you put a debug line in your options file? win2k sends me all types
of weird "callback" lines in the LCP stuphs. I still haven't figured out how
to fix it. It has to be on the client end though, because I've gotten a
different w2k box to act fine with it. *shrug*

-----Original Message-----
From: Glenn Robinson [mailto:glenn.robinson at btinternet.com]
Sent: Saturday, October 28, 2000 9:41 AM
To: pptp-server at lists.schulte.org
Subject: [pptp-server] LCP Timeout problem

Hello,

I've configured my pptp server and I'm using a WinNT client to try and
connect. I get the following in my syslog.

Client xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx control connection started
Starting call (launching ppps, opening GRE)
pppd 2.3.10 started by root, uid 0
Using interface ppp0
Connect: ppp0 <--> /dev/pts/1
LCP: timeout sending  Config-Requests
Connection terminated
Exit

Theres a time delay of about 30 seconds between the Connect: message and the
LCP: timeout message.

Any clues.

Thanks

Glrnn