OT Re: [pptp-server] Linx PPTP -> Cisco VPN Adaptor

Yan Seiner yan at cardinalengineering.com
Sun Sep 10 18:10:52 CDT 2000

I struggled mightily about a year ago to get freeswan running.  In the
end I gave up and went with vtund.

Are you saying that most of the config stuff has been sorted out?  When
I was playing with it, it was really alpha code as far as
interoperability with other vendors and abilty to work with non-fixed
IPs.

I agree with the comments on PPTP - except that it is actually a pretty
good protocol, just MS broke it REALLY REALLY badly and called it a new
standard.  pptp WITHOUT the MS patches is pretty good AFAIK.

--Yan