[pptp-server] pptpd to different private subnets

Kenny Austin kennya at carlislefsp.com
Wed Sep 13 08:48:35 CDT 2000

I have a question, I found a thread dealing with the exact thing in the
mailing list
archive, but never found a good solution.  Sorry I forgot the url, anyways
the
date/subject was:
Date: Wed, 3 May 2000 18:28:47 -0700 (PDT)
From: Mike Ireton mike at bayoffice.net
Subject: [pptp-server] Managing multiple authentication domains

I need to run a VPN for 2 different internal ip-subnets, ie:
192.168.1.0/29 and 192.168.2.0/29
so that after a user logs on, he is assigned an ip address from a certain
pool.
I could use chap-secrets for this to assign a certain ip address:
sales1 * password * 192.168.1.2
service1 * secret * 192.168.2.2
but the same account could possible be logged in more then once at a given
time,
so it seems I could list mutliply ips, ie:
sales1 * password * 192.168.1.2 192.168.1.3 192.168.1.4
sales2 * secret   * 192.168.1.5 192.168.1.6 192.168.1.7
at any rate this would get unmanageable quickly, and there doesn't seem to
be
a way (that I've found) to list a range of ips in the chap-secrets, ie:
billybob * password * 192.168.1.2-192.168.1.200
(I know if there is a way the syntax is nothing like that)
I found the suggestions of having the users set it on their side.. thus
making
each client a custom setup, we share notebooks sometimes so this won't work.
Or to run multiply sessions of pptpd with a different ip address for each
department, but these eats up a lot of ips and once again makes the
client setup a custom one (not near as much as the above).
Or assign a different ip address to each person, see above.
Is there a way to list a range of ip address in the chap-secrets?
Or any other solution that will do what I need?

Thanks,
Kenny Austin
kennya at carlislefsp.com