[pptp-server] Can't see networks through PPTPD

Todd Krein todd at reardensteel.com
Thu Sep 14 11:30:13 CDT 2000

I've got PoPToP running on my linux box on my home network, behind a
firewall.
I've got VPN running on my Win2K machine.

I can connect fine, and the log shows me connected, but I can't see the
network behind the VPN. That is to say, from the Win2K box, I can't ping
anything on the home network.

I can ping the local address on the Win2K box.
I can ping the remote IP address for the win2K box on the Linux PPTPD
machine.
I can unreliably ping the IP address of the Linux PPTPD machine (about 50%).
I cannot ping anything else on the home network.

I've got proxyarp in the options file, and the ARP command does show an
entry for the VPN'd client, but it can't see the network. Any ideas?

Thanks,
TOdd

Todd Krein			Rearden Steel Technologies
Sr. Architect			151 University Ave