[pptp-server] LCP timeout: pptpd server and ipchains firewall

Glenn Robinson glenn.robinson at btinternet.com
Tue Sep 19 12:31:10 CDT 2000

Hello,

I'm using RH6.1 with ipchains as my firewall and pptpd on the same machine.

I can call the VPN server accross the internet but I get the following in my syslog:

LCP: timeout sending Config-Requests

I don't get this if I connect to the pptp server across my internal network. I assume this is something to do with the firewall.

I've set my firewall to allow incoming/outgoing on port 1723 and to allow protocol 47. What else do I need to do?

I am testing this from a WinNT client but I will also need access from Win98 clients?

Thanks

Glenn Robinson