[pptp-server] PPTP newbie

Mike Marks mikem at softscreen.co.uk
Thu Sep 21 03:32:02 CDT 2000

I hope someone can help with my problem.

I am new to PPTP and am trying to set up a small network so my remote salesmen (Windows 98SE) can dial a local ISP and then use PPTP to gain access to my network and in particular use the AS/400 (running TCP/IP on the network).

So far I have got PPTP running on Mandrake 7.0 and casn make an ISP connection followed by a VPN connection, but then I cannot ping any devices on the local network. Also, anything I try to do goes through the ISP connection not the VPN one (or at least the flashing lights are on the ISP DUN not the VPN DUN).

All my devices (local and remote) have the IP address set up in the range 100.10.1.xxx but obviously when both the PPTP server and the PC connect to the internet they are given different IP addresses that can change every time.

Any suggestions as to what I am doing wrong ?

Mike Marks