[pptp-server] pptp with tcpwrappers?

Godfrey godfrey at hattaway-associates.com
Sun Sep 24 15:25:22 CDT 2000

This only works if you know the IP addresses of the clients that will connect.
What if you only know the domain name as is the case when road warriors connect
to an ISP then to pptpd? Then using tcp_wrappers to restrict who can access
PopTop is useful.

You do not need to start PopTop from tcp_wrappers you can access the
tcp_wrappers library from PopTop if you change pptdctrl.c to get it to check
with tcp_wrappers if the connection is allowed. This way you can still run it as

a daemon.