[pptp-server] PPTP & Samba

Jean-Paul Chavant chavant at geosys.fr
Wed Sep 27 05:02:39 CDT 2000

Hello,

my pptp connexion works.

here is my network :

                 [192.168.2.x]

                       2
[192.168.1.x]----[Unix router]----[192.168.3.x]-----[VPN
Server]-----[172.16.0.x]-----[client]
                 3           2                     252         1
10

to be able to ping any computers i have to add a route on my router ...
(route add 192.168.0.0 gw 192.168.3.252) (this solves apparently the problem
of the arp resolution ...)

vpn network IP is 192.168.0.x

My Unix Routeur is also my WINS server (Samba)
My Logon controler is a M$ PDC (Win NT 4.0) wich is on 192.168.1.x
192.168.3.x network.

In this situation, my computer on my private LAN doens't see my VPN client
in the neighbourhood network and vice versa.

I can reach from any network a computer by executing the command
\\IP_Address.
How can i do to see all the computer in the neighbourhood network (from
192.168.1.x , 192.168.3.x and 192.168.0.x) ?

My Wins server has to stay on my Unix Router.

I have installed Samba on my VPN Server and it acts as a proxy Wins ... but
it doesn't work ...

anybody know how to do to see all computers in neighbourhood network ?

JPaul