[pptp-server] ping problem

Jean-Paul Chavant chavant at geosys.fr
Fri Sep 29 05:08:00 CDT 2000

Hello,

hereis my architecture :

LAN0}---PPTP Server----(public
zone)----INTERNET-----USWEST----(cisco675)----{LAN1
                             |              |
                          client0        WANADOO (ISP)

                                         client1

A. My client0 can connect ping and browse the network (Samba with IP
address)

B. My client1 and my computer on LAN1 can only connect. They can't ping. If
i ping them, icmp packets go to the distant computer but they never come
back ...

Which is the difference between A and B ? Why A can do everything he wants
and not B ? the configuration is the same (they all can connect and only A
can ping ...) ?

I don t see where is the problem ...

JPaul