[pptp-server] ADMINISTRIVIA: archive search engine (part II)

Christopher Schulte christopher at schulte.org
Fri Apr 6 02:23:25 CDT 2001

Heya again folks... sorry to blast another email off to ya'll but I figured
some might find this of interest.

The feedback I got was good, so I've linked the search page

http://lists.schulte.org/htdig/lists/pptp-server/search.html

to the main list page.

I fired off a mail to Matthew Ramsay asking him to update his official page.

I threw together a small mod to my webserver so a link to the search page
is dynamically inserted into the top of every archive message.  I did that
because a fair number of hits come from search engines like google,
altavista, excite and so on.  Those folks should also be aware that a local
search engine exists.

Back on the server side, I updated apache to 1.3.19, and sendmail to
8.12.0.Beta5.  RSS, DUL and MAPS are still in place.  I've also implemented
weekly full backups of the entire mailing list software and archives.  The
information it contains is too valuable not to have backed up. ;p

Any other questions I didn't address?  Drop me an email.

--chris

--
Christopher Schulte
Finger for PGP key, or for UNIX impaired: