[pptp-server] win2k, pptpd 1.1.2, pppd 2.4.0 and Linux 2.2.19

John Ferlito johnf at inodes.org
Fri Apr 6 05:12:29 CDT 2001

On Sun, Apr 01, 2001 at 10:26:55AM -0700, Gill, Vern wrote:
> For what it's worth to all of you, I have successfully connected to
> pptpd-1.1.2/pppd-2.4.0 from w2ksp1. This is right across my lan, but
> that shouldn't matter. If anyone wants to try connecting to my system
> from a w2k client, let me know and I will set an acct. for you...

	I'd like to confirm I've also got this working but under a 2.2
kernel.

	The secret is the nodefaultroute option. If you specifiy it then
it just doesn't work with encryption. When I'll get a chance I'll have a
quick look at the source to see if there's any good reason for this. For
now I have to go round doing a whole heap of config changes :)

--
John Ferlito
Senior Engineer - Bulletproof Networks