[pptp-server] FreeBSD 3.2 Problems

John Heyer john at snake.supranet.net
Tue Apr 10 20:46:47 CDT 2001

On Wed, 14 Mar 2001, Smith, Rick wrote:

> Hi all, trying to run PopTop 1.0.1 on FreeBSD 3.2 RELEASE.
>
> I can get ONE connection up and running, but every additional connection
> attempt closes immediately upon trying with a "620" error from Microsoft.
>
> Using PPTPD with Windows 2000 client in PAP only mode.
>
> Never did seem to get standard Microsoft CHAP working properly.  If anyone
> has suggestions there, I'd love to hear them.
>
> Thanks
> Rick

Might want to check your Kernel, because the "GENERIC" kernel only
includes one tun device.  Check my page at http://heyer.supranet.net/pptp
for more details.

I'm able to do multiple connections with my FreeBSD 4.1 / PoPToP 1.0.1 box
no problem including CHAP support, but have never tried Win2K
clients so I don't know if that's an issue.

--
Johh Heyer - john at personal.supranet.net - http://heyer.supranet.net

"Me fail English?  That's unpossible!"  -- Ralph Wiggam