[pptp-server] PPTP Installation Problems

Wade Burgett wadeb at burgettsys.com
Mon Apr 16 02:52:03 CDT 2001

My setup is totally diff with linux(debian, 2.4.2 kernel) but I used ppp2.4.0  I built the kernel and ppp completely seperately.  There were patches for each.

for the kernel the standard (after patches):
make menuconfig (note there was nothing I turned on after applying the patch to 2.4.2 at least - it made the ppp_mppe module automatically).
make dep clean bzImage modules modules_install.

and then with ppp applied patches then just
./configure
make
make install

i didnt have to have ppp build the kernel.  Thats not unhead of (freeswan does that) but wasnt necessary for my build.

wade

Wade Burgett
Burgett Systems
http://www.burgettsys.com/