[pptp-server] proxy arp controlling internal LAN Address's

Trevor Benson Tbenson at associatedbp.com
Wed Apr 18 17:45:40 CDT 2001

Here is the following configuration files for Poptop.  I have reviewed and
all the settings seem to be viable, can anyone point out why this would be
responding for address's that are listed as local?  The address's it tries
to steal are 192.168.1.2 and 192.168.1.6 both are internal systems that are
being accessed by VPN clients on the back end.  Every few hours I have a
burst of ARP traffic where this machine is proxying for the internal
systems, not the external clients.  Am I missing something in the config
file that would point this out to me?  Any assistance is appreciated, or
pointers to documentation on how to configure proxy arp individually to lock
it down.  Thanks for any assistance ahead of time.

----/etc/ppp/options.pptp----
lock
debug
auth
+chap
proxyarp
ms-wins 192.168.1.6

----/etc/pptpd.conf----
debug
option /etc/ppp/options.pptp
localip  192.168.1.1-64,192.168.1.116-254
remoteip 192.168.1.65-115

All the clients in the chaps-secrets file are configured for IP 65-115, none
of them are in the local IP range.

Thanks,
Trevor Benson
Director of Information Technology