[pptp-server] Configuration problem

Cowles, Steve Steve at SteveCowles.com
Thu Apr 19 10:25:36 CDT 2001

The proxy arp errors can usually be fixed by assigning IP addresses in
pptpd.conf (local/remote) that are within the network address range of the
PPTP servers LAN interface (like eth0 or eth1). If thats not an option (due
to your network design), then consider using ip aliasing to bind the network
addresses to what is specified in your pptpd.conf to your PPTP servers LAN
interface. Checkout the kernel source documentation directory
/usr/src/linux/Documentation/networking/alias.txt for info on ip aliasing.

Steve Cowles