[pptp-server] netmask problem

Cowles, Steve Steve at SteveCowles.com
Mon Apr 23 15:19:08 CDT 2001

Let make sure we are comparing apples to apples here. i.e. A tunnel netmask
vs. a LAN netmask. The netmask of the PPTP tunnel is *always*
255.255.255.255. (ppp0) Your windows client should also add an additional
network route at its end. In your case, it should add a
192.168.1.0/255.255.255.0 route via the PPTP tunnel. Type: route print - on
your windows client to verify after establishing your tunnel. Also, make
sure you have "proxyarp" listed in your /etc/ppp/options file so the other
hosts on the LAN know how to route data back to the client via the PPTP
server.

Steve Cowles