[pptp-server] linux client to office network?

ville ville at lpg.fi
Thu Apr 26 08:43:18 CDT 2001

Howdy,

Here's the sittuation:

o u t  s i d e  |  o f f i c e  n e t w o r k
home ---> adsl ---> firewall ---> cvs server
                   ( NT RAS )

All the above; home, firewall and cvs are linux computers. But the
firewall does some sort of masquerading and directs VPN connections to
an NT RAS box for authentication and what not.

Does this document: http://poptop.lineo.com/setup_pptp_client.html apply
to my sittuation now? Mainly I am thinking what domain the remote
machine belongs to, and remote machines name. Should I supply the
firewall's name/domain or the NT RAS'? If the answer is firewall's, what
should I supply as a name cause it only has an IP address and as far as
I know doesn't belong to any NT domain.

// ville