[pptp-server] Howto with patches that works?

Kristian Lyngstøl nesquik at lyngstol.kvalito.no
Sat Apr 28 12:01:53 CDT 2001

On Sat, Apr 28, 2001 at 10:50:06AM -0500, Jerry Vonau wrote:

> Kristian:
>
> If your looking  for pppd pre patched for just encryption try:
>
> http://merced.needsabeating.com/pptp.html
>
> Jerry Vonau
>
> Kristian Lyngstøl wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I have been running pptpd for some time now, but am haveing problems of diffrent
> > types. I have gotten mschap of all kinds to work, but am haveing some problems
> > with mppe encryption. I have poked around with diffrent pppd versions with
> > patches and the same with pptpd it self, but still, some weird problems appear.
> >
> > Since I know this should work, I simply wonder if someone can direct me to a
> > howto that is confirmed to work, preferably for 2.2.x kernels. That is, a howto
> > that list up the specific patches I need to apply and what versions would work, etc.
> >
> > Anybody know of such a howto? I have no problems with compiling stuff and
> > installing, but what I need is some kind of "this patch with this version works,
> > get it from ...." .
> >
> > --
> > Med vennlig hilsen / Best regards

Hi Jerry,

I was more like looking for a set of patches and versions that is known to compile
(with little effort) and actually work, not a precompiled package.
But I will try this sollution, since if it works, it would be just as good as
if I knew what was done with the package :-)

--
Med vennlig hilsen / Best regards
 mail:  kristianl at oslo.kvalito.no |    oslo at kvalito.no