[pptp-server] Two Problems

Chris Dos chris.dos at clarent.com
Sat Apr 28 16:59:53 CDT 2001

I got PoPTop working great.  Thanks to all the great instructions around on making this happen.  Especially http://www.vibrationresearch.com/pptpd.  This information almost single handily saved me countless hours.  I tried getting PoPTop working way back prior to version 1.0 and there were just to many problems getting encryption to work right.  But with this new documentation, it only took about five hours to get everyting working.  And I rolled out another server in about 45 minutes.  Great job on this.  Now, for the two little issues that I'd like to try and solve:

	I'd like to push down routes though the connection when they connect.  This way they don't have to set the PPTP connection as their default route, and won't be seeing their traffic when they download MP3's at home.  I'm sure there must be a way to do this, I just haven't been able to uncover it.  Any ideas?

	The second seems to be as issue when there is more than person connecting to my PoPToP server through a NAT'd connection on their end.  They can connect fine to a true Windows NT PPTP server, but not  to my PoPToP server.  They are both sitting behind the same cable modem (most likely AT&T's cable modem) and being NAT'd through said cable modem.

	Other than these two things, it's working great.  Oh, we are seeing much better performance on the Linux PPTP server than the true Windows NT PPTP.  A major two thumbs up for the hackers involved in this project!

	Chris Dos

--
Chris Dos       Lead Unix Engineer
Clarent Corporation