[pptp-server] Samba 2.2 & nt auth solution?

Justin Kreger lists at earthling.2y.net
Mon Apr 30 22:46:58 CDT 2001

Unless somebody has written some brand new spankin code to proxy MSCHAPv2
authentcation to a PDC and/or a BDC, It can't be done as of yet.  You can
set it up/hack it to use PAP and then authenticate, but only in clear
text, with two domain controlers.

I have some info... In my mailspool, and in my head (most of it is here),
on how it could be done.  I'm sure with a little programing and some
sleepless nights, it could be written......

My new boss has expressed intrest in it making it proxy authentcation, but
I do not have the time at the moment to sit down and write the code to do
it.  I will probilly start work on the code to do it in three to four
weeks. (I graduate from hell... errr I mean high school at the end of
may.. So I will have the time soon, and I will write it barring half the
servers having hardware failures at the office.)

Justin Kreger, MCP MCSE CCNA
jkreger at earthling.2y.net jwkreger at uncg.edu