[pptp-server] Multiple clients behind a masquerade

Charlie Brady charlieb at e-smith.com
Sat Aug 4 14:34:42 CDT 2001

On Sat, 4 Aug 2001, Yoss wrote:

> Hi.
> Quotation from "Linux VPN MAsquerade":
> >   Masquerading multiple clients talking to the same host will
> >require protocol-specific
> >   support in the form of kernel patches, which are not yet
> >available. Sorry.
>
> My question is: when will be the patches available?

As far as I know no-one is working on them. Implementing such a feature
would violate the PPTP RFC (which hasn't stopped Microsoft). Thus far,
nobody in the open source community has felt the need, or found the time.

  Charlie Brady                         charlieb at e-smith.com
  http://www.e-smith.org (development)  http://www.e-smith.com (corporate)
  Phone: +1 (613) 368 4376 or 564 8000  Fax: +1 (613) 564 7739
  e-smith, inc. 1500-150 Metcalfe St, Ottawa, ON K2P 1P1 Canada