[pptp-server] Can connect but can´t mount shares

roberto at dealmeida.net roberto at dealmeida.net
Tue Aug 7 17:34:50 CDT 2001

Hi, all.

I´ve been trying for the last few days to create a VPN to my father´s company from home. Here´s what I have:

At my father´s company I´ve made a 192.168.0.x network. A firewall/router connects eth0 to the internet, and eth1 is 192.168.0.1. The firewall is running samba, and acts as file server. PoPToPd is running on the server.

/etc/pptpd.conf
  speed 115200
  debug
  localip 192.168.0.11-20
  remoteip 192.168.0.21-30
  listen 200.201.1.60

/etc/ppp/options
  debug
  name servidor
  auth
  require-chap
  proxyarp

/etc/ppp/chap-secrets
  username1       servidor        password1       *
  username2       servidor        password2       *

At home I have also a 192.168.0.x network, with the same setup. My firewall/router has eth0 to the internet, and eth1 is 192.168.0.1. The firewall´s rules allows the connection (I´ve installed Seattle Firewall, which has support to pptpd).

I want to connect with a Windows machine. I created the VPN connection, and when I launch it, the computer connects through the VPN. I configured the client to use the pptpd server as it´s gateway, and it works fine: I can ping machines in the internal network at the office from home.

Samba is configured to accept connections from eth* and ppp*, and also from 192.168.0.x. The problem is: I can´t find any computers. If I try to mount them, with \\name or \\ip, I find nothing.

Is this a problem with my pptpd configuration? Or perhaps something with Samba?

Thanks in advance,

Roberto

--
   ____