[pptp-server] Where can i find mppe module

Mikael Lönnroth mikael.lonnroth at advancevpn.com
Wed Aug 8 02:39:29 CDT 2001

Hi there,

I'll quote myself here (since I was lucky enough to get it to work)

[RedHat 7.1]
1. Unzip linux-2.4.4 (kernel) into /usr/src
2. [/usr/src] patch -p0 < linux-2.4.4-openssl-0.9.6a-mppe.patch.gz
(http://www.advancevpn.com/public/linux-2.4.4-openssl-0.9.6a-mppe.patch.gz )
3. Unzip ppp-2.4.1 into /usr/src
(http://www.advancevpn.com/public/ppp-2.4.1.tar.gz )
4. [/usr/src] patch -p0 < ppp-2.4.1-openssl-0.9.6-mppe-patch
(http://www.advancevpn.com/public/ppp-2.4.1-openssl-0.9.6-mppe-patch.gz )
5. Unzip pptp-1.1.2 into /usr/src
6. In between, make and install all the packages, find correct ppp/options,
pptpd.conf etc files

Mikael Lönnroth
mikael.lonnroth at advancevpn.com