[pptp-server] Sorry, I meant TN5250 sessions don't work....

Dave Cook quasimotoca at yahoo.ca
Mon Aug 13 11:40:05 CDT 2001

Hi:
An obscure one, I think.

TN5250 sessions using PoPToP configuration perform
strange.  I can establish a PPTP connection and I can
start the TN5250 session no problem.  When I try and
execute certain commands that return more than one
page, I get a 'SYSTEM X' at the bottom of the
emulation software screen and the session suspends.  I
have tried various products and the result is the same
on each.  I'm using a 2.4.x kernel and RH 7.1.
I've also tried testing it on some commercial products
which imbed PoPToP (like Astaro) and the result is the
same.  I'm going to try the Snap-Gear product
tomorrow.

Can anyone shed some light on this for me?
I'm thinking it might be a key management problem or
maybe certain kernel parameters chosen when PPP is
built into my kernel.

Note: The only product I've seen this work on so far
is a commercial device made by a company called
Mikotel.

regards,
Dave Cook
President