[pptp-server] Bypassing the firewall

Sexy Boy Sexy-Boy at NetCourrier.Com
Sat Aug 18 16:38:40 CDT 2001

Hi,

	I have a litlle (big for me :-) problem and if some can help me it would be
cool. So this is my problem :

At home, i configure a PPTP server on my linux box and it is working fine.

At my office, i would like to connect my NT 4.0 Workstation to my linux
server but the problem is the firewall which allows only connection to port
21, 25, 80, 110, 443 but not 1723 ! (There is no way to change the firewall
setting because it's managed by an external company and i can't ask them to
change anything !)

So what i'm trying to do is bypass the firewall with port redirection :

On my NT 4.0       : i redirect local port 1723 to the remote port 443 on my
linux box
On my Linux server : i redirect local port  443 to local port 1723

So if i want to connect to my Linux server on port 1723, i configure the RAS
to connect to localhost:1723 which is redirect to remote:443 (this bypass
the firewall) => redirect to linux:1723.

The redirection is OK because i see the packet to my linux server (with
tcpdump).
The problem is that my Linux server considers that a local connection is
attempted and refuse the connection !!!

So my question is : Is there a way to allow local connection to a PPTP
server (local connection = server and client on the same machine like FTP or
HHTP) ?

Thanks a lots,
Francois.