[pptp-server] Bypassing the firewall

Sexy Boy Sexy-Boy at NetCourrier.Com
Mon Aug 20 17:24:12 CDT 2001

I currently don't know if the firewall lets or not the GRE packet pass
through it. I'm trying to fix the channel connection on port 1723. But
you're right this will be my second problem :-)

Francois.

-----Message d'origine-----
De : pptp-server-admin at lists.schulte.org
[mailto:pptp-server-admin at lists.schulte.org]De la part de Charlie Brady
Envoye : dimanche 19 aout 2001 16:57
A : Jamin Collins
Cc : pptp-server at lists.schulte.org
Objet : RE: [pptp-server] Bypassing the firewall

On Sat, 18 Aug 2001, Jamin Collins wrote:

> changes where not possible because he couldn't ask them to make them.
Again
> if this where one of the "allowed" cases, there would be no problem. At
> least not any that I can see.

In any case, the proposed work around won't work, as it only forwards the
control channel, and not the GRE packets.

Charlie Brady                         charlieb at e-smith.com
Lead Product Developer
Network Server Solutions Group        http://www.e-smith.com/
Mitel Networks Corporation            http://www.mitel.com/
Phone: +1 (613) 368 4376 or 564 8000  Fax: +1 (613) 564 7739

pptp-server maillist  -  pptp-server at lists.schulte.org