[pptp-server] PPTP scalability?

Jamin Collins JaminC at adapt-tele.com
Thu Aug 23 21:38:20 CDT 2001

matt at prosapia.com [mailto:matt at prosapia.com] wrote:
> Does anyone know how well PPTP scales?

I assume you are refering to the PoPToP implimentation of PPTP for linux.
If so, I seem to recall that there is a limit in the code currently for 100
connections.  However, indications are that it is simply a limit in how
connections are tracked.  That is to say that if the tracking/allocation
code were adjusted to not have a hardcoded 100 limitation in the algorithm
that the rest of the PoPToP implimentation would still work.

> I am looking for a VPN solution that
> 100+ Windows users can access. Thanks.

Jamin W. Collins