[pptp-server] Different VPN password & Windows password question.

Fredrik tomten at algonet.se
Fri Aug 24 04:25:11 CDT 2001

Hi,
We have set up a PPTPd server and every thing is working fine, but in order for us to deploy it we have some security requirements.
Is there a way to have different passwords for the VPN server and the MS network, as it is now a break in into the Linux VPN server would show all the password for the whole network in clear text. This is not acceptable (our boss does not even give sysadmins his password). I’ve spent some time looking for some info but no luck.
The clients are Win 2000 machines and the server is Redhat 7.1 kernel 2.4.2. patched & ready.