[pptp-server] pptp dies, pid remains...

Scott Stone SStone at taos.com
Fri Aug 24 15:50:46 CDT 2001

"address already in use" means something else is listening on the control
port.. use "netstat -a" to confirm that, use "lsof" to see what's doing it.

Scott M. Stone <sstone at taos.com>
Senior Technical Consultant - UNIX and Networking
Taos, the Sysadmin Company - Santa Clara, CA

When I run ps -A, it's not listed.  When I /etc/init.d/pptpd status, I
get:

[matt at ns init.d]$ ./pptpd status
pptpd dead but pid file exists

I have no idea what would cause that...