[pptp-server] Re:

Charlie Brady charlieb at e-smith.com
Sat Dec 1 21:10:59 CST 2001

On Sun, 2 Dec 2001, Matt Gavin wrote:

> I run 19 Linux servers and 4 Solaris servers at work, but I prefer to run
> Mickysoft Windows 2000 on my laptop and Mickysoft Outlook 2000 for mail.
> Why? Because I am yet to see a credible Open Source mail or news client.
>
> Virus protection should be done on the mail server, it should not be left up
> to the client... It's neither difficult or expensive to implement a scan
> mail procedure.

But it is always too late. Thousands/millions of machines are infected by
the time the antivirus companies have come out with a fix.

A credible mail client? Surely it's one which isn't a security nightmare.

Charlie Brady                         charlieb at e-smith.com
Lead Product Developer
Network Server Solutions Group        http://www.e-smith.com/
Mitel Networks Corporation            http://www.mitel.com/
Phone: +1 (613) 368 4376 or 564 8000  Fax: +1 (613) 564 7739