[pptp-server] One last problem

Sean sean at cyberfarer.com
Sun Dec 2 22:26:53 CST 2001

I have a new kernel with patches and Microsoft reports strong encryption
being used when I click details upon connect using the MS client.

I would like to give credit where credit is due.

I am not a programmer and attempts at patching and recompiling only provided
mixed results. I was never able to get full encryption going all though I
did get the handshake. However, I downloaded a patched kernel, headers,
initscripts, iptables, iptables IPv6, and ppp RPM's (I love RPM's!) from
here:

http://mirror.binarix.com/ppp-mppe/

In the time it took to download and install I accomplished what I have
failed to do over the past three weeks.

I would also like to thank those of you on this list who have generously
offered assistance. It is much appreciated.

My final remaining issue is the local IP.

My options.vpn includes the line:

192.168.1.140:

Without this, pptpd reports the local IP could not be determined. But, and
please correct me if I am wrong, by having this line I am restricting myself
to only one connection. I would not be able to have two connections
simutaneoulsy, correct? If yes, what line would solve the issue of the local
IP while allow more than a single connection?

My pptpd.conf is as follows:

speed 115200
option /etc/ppp/options.vpn
localip 192.168.1.140-143
remoteip 192.168.1.239-241
pidfile /var/run/pptpd.pid

Again, thank you.

P.S. It is very fast and performs much better than expected.