[pptp-server] PPTP_MAX_CTRL_PCKT_SIZE

Timothy Findlay Timothy.Findlay at austrimtextiles.com.au
Sun Dec 2 23:33:45 CST 2001

Hi Folks,

I setup PPTP the other day (week or so ago) and all appeared cool, and seems
to be running fine, but I checked the /var/log/messages file for unrelated
stuff .... and found this message repeated HEAPS in it ... it looks like...

Dec  3 16:22:17 atgproxy1 pptpd[20324]: CTRL: Client <live_IP_address>
control connection started
Dec  3 16:22:17 atgproxy1 pptpd[20324]: CTRL: Control packet >
PPTP_MAX_CTRL_PCKT_SIZE (length = 18245)
Dec  3 16:22:17 atgproxy1 pptpd[20324]: CTRL: couldn't read packet header
(exit)
Dec  3 16:22:17 atgproxy1 pptpd[20324]: CTRL: CTRL read failed

Any ideas what mighta caused this ?? have I messed up the configuration of
it or something perhaps ?!?!

Any thoughts would be handy.

Tim.

This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may contain privileged
and/or copyright information of Mitsubishi Motors Australia Ltd or third
parties.
Only the intended recipient may access or use it. Any dissemination,
distribution or copying of this email is strictly prohibited. If you are not the
intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by return email and
then erase the email. Any loss/damage incurred from the use of this material is
not the sender's responsibility. No warranty is given that this email or any
attachments are free from viruses or other defects.