[pptp-server] a Cosmetic problem

Robert Dege rcd at amherst.com
Tue Dec 4 16:47:26 CST 2001

I am able to make a successful PPTP connection.  I know that it
works, because I am able to view certain Network Neighborhood
folders, & FTP to inside machines.  However, when I attempt to access
certain web ages, instead of loading the web page, I get a server not
found error.

ie:  http://intranet yields not found
     http://192.168.1.1 yieldls site found

I do have a DNS server setup in my options.pptp file, but it seems as if
the web browser times out prior to checking the VPN connection for the web
site.

I also have the Windows client setup so that "Use degault gateway on
remote network" is NOT checked.

Anybody have some insight on this?

--

-Rob